Saturday, September 27, 2008

I keep ending up in Albuquerque

The title fairly sums it up. I finished the LA portion of the Army commercial on Wed. I was given the chance to be background the last couple days which was a nice change of pace and closer to acting. It took me by surprise when the director knew me by name.

In any case, I was supposed to just return a wardrobe truck and standby to fire off whatever was needed by my team, already in Colorado Springs. Lo and behold the infamous "what are you doing" call came in and next thing I know I am driving a slop truck, Super-Cube full of electric equipment the next morning with a guy I never met. The condition to my new availability was that I needed to be in Chicago by Sun. morning.

Our caravan of three trucks and 6 PA's left LA at 6am Friday morning and somehow managed to make it all the way to Gallup, NM last night before the New Mexico State Patrol "suggested" we adhere to the legal limit for driving and get a hotel.

Fearing I would never make it to Colorado Springs in time to catch the last fight to Chicago for the night, Production decided to get me a flight from Albuquerque. So I was dumped by my caravan with warm wishes and obsene hand gestures and await my flight to Chicago.

It's a weird life.

1 comment:

SevenLegs said...

"You know me, sometimes I'll be quirky.

I'll be quirky!?

They're moving the 'Topes to Albequerque!!"

-HS

I just wanted to say thanks for not saying "low and behold". I can't tell you how many times I see that - and how much it bugs me.

Good man, T.

Safe voyage.