Friday, April 3, 2009

Credit Card to avoid

Just putting this out there, if you have a Barclay credit card, I strongly recommend closing it. I had one through Frontier Airlines and enjoyed it for a long while. In Jan. I made a error on my account and the financial charges and APR were tremendous. It is the sort of situation that reminded me of vultures waiting to finish off the dying. The kill scenario is familiar though and Barclay is not the only ones utilizing this model. They jack the account to where it becomes an out of control system that you can not hope of paying off. Fortunately, I made a minor error and have since righted the account but am still enjoying one of the highest APR's I have seen in a long time. After several calls, some assuring me it would be taken care of. I finally closed the account today. Funny how the guy on the phone could not 1.) get me a supervisor, 2.) fix the problem I called about, or 3.)seem to muster anything like genuine customer concern. He could however close the account the instant I said waiting 2 billing cycles was unacceptable and waiting 48hrs for a call back was too long. Company's like this do not deserve the money we are sending them. They wait to make the highest profit possible from your mistakes. If you have the means to get rid of any Barclay credit cards, I recommend it. There are better places to do business.