Sunday, August 9, 2009

The guy that does not sell you soap


Last week I got some new headshots done and thanks to the digital age, the online gallery was made available within 24 hours. I am so glad to never have to improvise light table again to see negatives. The aim on these was to get shots that convey the sketchy characters I am more often considered for. The saying in the industry for shots to be used for commercials is the "guy you'd buy soap from." I am not that guy, as experience is showing. If anything, I play bad guys selling you soap (see Shout commercial). Any case, these are more designed to be the guy that sells you as security system. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.jontylercore.com/webgallery/troycoleman/index.html

I truly can not say enough good things about this photographer either. I have been fortunate to work with a couple great ones over the last couple years. This recent photographer, Tyler Core, was solid and a lot of fun to work with. For a shoot that at one point he nearly stepped off a roof and I hung (by my suggestion) off a 2nd story fire escape... well, it was a shit eating grin day for both of us. His friend, a nurse, that was helping out with the bounce board was less excited about the near misses.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Damn, that guy's good. I can't wait -- he's taking mine next weekend!

Beckster said...

Those are *outstanding*!! You may not want to hear this, but I think the shaved head looks great on you. Especially for that particular "look".
Great stuff!