Friday, October 19, 2007

Gettin' exciting now...

Sitting here in the bright morning sunlight in my folks kitchen, all seems well. There is a wealth of good music coming from my speakers and I am enjoying the crisp, cool Colorado air. All seems well. I can not believe how much will be different by this point next week.

I spent the last week or so since Cody took off painting and packing my apartment on Beachwood. I was aiming to be 100% done by the time I flew out here on Wed. realizing I might hit 80%. That I did. I have a sizable stack in my livingroom, ready to go to the storage unit being held for me on Sunset. By "sizable," I of course am referring to the fact that I originally got to LA by Metro. While Tiff used her car too, she took most of that load with her back to Chicago. Most of it. I still inheritted some odd shaped stuff. I now have a bed, not a leaky air matress. Ah progress... nicer stuff, bigger storage units.

I now have 3 major options before me for the 2 months I have to get by till an apartment opens up I want. I have the option to work in Chicago, Denver, or stay in LA hoping work picks up. My major employers have gone on a 2 month vacation as well so my phone has gotten pretty quiet.

I am figguring out the last details here this weekend as to what will make the most sense, but reality is also starting to become more real.
All those little routines are about to get locked up on Sunset also. The little things, like the coffee maker. It's habit. It's going away for a bit. I look forward to this, but it's tough to not get a little nervous putting everything away for a short time.

I have had a bunch of people come forward and extend their time, help, support, and even one or two couches. That is amazing. I am so entirely blown away by that sort of friendship, it means a lot. For now, I am enjoying Colorado. I am still amused to be here at such an odd time. How often have you been packing to move and right at the critical push you wished you could just walk away for a while? Well, by way of Mom's big birthday I got to do just that.

Happy birthday Mom and thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mom!!
*waves*