Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fresh Coat of Faith


I am fond of airing my grief with the lack of rain in LA and how I find it tough to be inspired to paint out here because of it. Well, the universe has a sense of humor. It rained on Fri and I got to paint... my entire apartment white again. Not exactly what I had in mind. Next time I'll be a tad more specific. Plus, our ceiling leaks badly and wrecked some valuable stuff. It's not like Tiff and I have not told the management company. We've told them all 3 times it rained in the last 15 months. Grrr.The deadline to leave the Hollywood bungalow is October 26th. I have so little time to get everything done. So far I am staying positive that the direction to go will become more clear but I am reminded of a joke I heard once. It goes like so:

A man of tremendous faith found himself and his home in the path of a great flood. Authorities said it would wipe out everything in its path and evacuations were ordered and the trucks came. The man would not leave. He said simply, "I believe in God, he will save me."

The rain came and flooded the streets up to his house. A rescue boat came down his street and he would not leave. "I believe in God, he will save me."

The waters overtook his house and he retreated to the roof, just above water. A helicopter came, but he would not go. He shouted, "I believe in God, he will save me." He could almost make out the pilot mouthing "idiot" before the roof went.

Lo and behold he next found himself at the pearly gates, soaking wet. He sloshed right up to God and said, " I believed in you and you still let me drown?!" God handed him a towel and said, " I sent you a truck, a boat, and a helicopter. What else did you want?"
Now, I believe in signs and messengers (ie Eskimos). Have I been sent my truck and boat already? I don't know. I am entertaining a couple ideas. Oh, I need to explain something else. I have a line on a good apt. for a great price. It's available Jan though. The price makes it worth the wait. I also am in a bind with my main employers going on vacation for a couple months. Basically I am on my own for 2 months. Denver? Chicago? Couch surfing galore in LA? I don't know. As I said before though... this is a friggin' awsome problem to have! Stay tuned. Oh and by the by, my painting ensemble in the picture above is my new favorite outfit. I will probably be wearing it next time we see each other.

Go Rockies!

1 comment:

TSC said...

Bobby and Siouxsie taking a seat while you do all the work?