Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Arrived

My life in progress seems to have yet again under gone some new developments. Having worked an all night video shoot for a pop diva at The Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, I picked up my brother on the way out of town Mon morning on just an hour's sleep. Not so good for a 1000 mile road trip. Adam, being a new Dad and all suggested perhaps "extending" our stay in Vegas over night. You know... to rest up.

We had a great time there and our losses were minimal. However, within our first hour there, I experienced two firsts. I stopped at a Washington Mutual on the way to the hotel and promptly found myself at the tail end of a robbery. The thief walked right past me as I was filling out a deposit slip. After speaking briefly to the Las Vegas police, Adam and I proceeded to the Luxor and he decided we should each put a dollar into a dollar slot and pull at the same time; a sort of ritual style entry to Sin city gambling. Ok. I hit 3 blazing 7's on a progressive machine. The jackpot: 2.2 million dollars. That is if you bet max ($3). For my single dollar pull I was awarded the opportunity alone to tell you how I almost won 2.2 million dollars. That's it. So there you go. A robbery and an almost of mega proportions.

After trekking through sweaty dessert, endless Utah, and an oddly wet and snowy Rocky Mountains we arrived at 2am. The true highlight from the road was when it started raining and we had the top down. Adam was less than thrilled to be driving wet mountain highways with no roof and try and find the wipers. Good times. Now I am back in Denver for the 3rd time in a month. I love it and don't feel like this is too much at all. I have an audition here Fri for some possible work and a plane ticket to Chicago the same day. Work here being a potential acting job. Work in Chicago just being good pay. Just when I thought I had it finally all sorted out.

At least I got to hang with Baby Vicious (a.k.a. my niece Sydney) for her first Halloween. She was an Eskimo with a less than cooperative Husky. Me, I was just plain chicken.





Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TROY!! That picture!! It's disturbing and adorable both at once! haha. I wish I could have seen it in person. love you...tiff