Sunday, March 18, 2012

Litter!

Seriously, so some people still think it's ok to just toss trash out of the window when they are driving? I am just asking. I was on my long run today and trekked 14mi around my house today and never went further than ten steps before another piece of trash. After a while it got so depressing I had to start analyzing the array. In my estimation, the three biggest sources of trash were beer bottles/cans (depressing and scary on the road), cigarette boxes, and McDonald trash. The last on surprises me as there isn't a McD's for 5 miles anywhere on my route. What the hell though? Why is there so much trash? I grew up just after the crying Indian and at the height of the "Give a Hoot, Don't Polute" Campaigns. Do we need a refresher? Has the recycling movement forgotten the simple, at least get it in a can idea?

Help me. Tell me if I am off base here?

No comments: