Saturday, March 3, 2012

Parents Big Day

My parents are getting remarried today. This has been a day I have hoped for for many years now. They have become so good together since getting a little time apart, that marriage seemed natural. It's funny how no matter how old you get, your parents can always make you feel a little bit like an eight year old again. That part of me is giddy to see them so happy. Today's nuptials are the final piece in a reconciliation it has been wonderful to watch.

My parents show me what it means to love each other enough to walk away for a while but not entirely. They have demonstrated unconditional giving and a true care for one another that, at least for the last 18 years, has been based only on the unofficial bond they still felt.

I wish you, Mom and Dad, nothing but the best today. I love you both!

3 comments:

Nate said...

Send my love. That's pretty fucking awesome.

aworkinprogress said...

How fantastic! All my love and best wishes to the family!

mommasitta said...

Thank you son! We love you too!