Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mountain Showdown

The Colorado State University / University of Colorado game is about to begin. It's a great tradition out here and a real thrill they have kept it going at Mile High Stadium. It will always be called that, regardless of the company name above it. It's fantastic getting to relive so many great memories. There's a scar on my right thumb from the goal post at Hugh's Stadium from back in the day. I've been to Mile High Stadium for the Showdown. I don't remember sitting ever at a home game. It was a lot of fun, to say the least.

CSU isn't a big national team so after I left Colorado, it became increasingly difficult to follow them. That and their lack of winning reducing the remote chances of televising. I lost touch. Always glad tone a Ram, that was about it.

I came back to Colorado a couple years ago and found it had been a long time since I last called this home. It's taken some getting used to, but watching this game with some fellow green clad fans is a great feeling. It's not always easy to predict what will give you that nostalgic or home feeling,  but it's great when they come.

Go Rams!

No comments: