Saturday, May 5, 2007

24hrs later...

This is the first day I have been nictine free since Fall 95. I am doing fairly well though. The cravings are so steady, it feels much more like a mental obsession than a fleeting desire. In full honesty, I celebrated my 24hrs by buying a pack of cloves. I semi smoked one, tap dancing with not inhaling. I felt like shit for it, gave Tiff the pack to offer to some very grateful theatre person. I am again on the wagon, if you will. I am also entertaining suggestions for ways to not feel ubber lame without drinking or smoking.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Keep it rolling! Sorry to play phone tag with you, but this is totally the one. I'm excited for you... As for the uber lame - I think it's well within your reach to be super cool with neither of those vices. But if you need something I'm a huge fan of toothpicks. Especially the tea-tree infused ones. Hell yeah. That looks tough.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you and no matter what you are cool. You do not need a prop.

Anonymous said...

You didn't just call me uber lame, did you?
OH NO YOU DINNIT!

Just kidding... I know that feeling. I think the general "cool factor" of sucking on a stick has gone seriously down in the last 5 years or so. I love the toothpick idea. It's so... Rambo.