Thursday, May 17, 2007

What now?


So, I get this call yesterday about a an actor network group. I will admit that I am less familiar with these services. I get the agent and understand the manager. Hell, I am even getting more familiar with the concept of thaetrical and comercial representation here in LA. It's a tough concept to keep increasing the percentages you will shell out. All this is still theoretical though for me. I am still waiting for my SAG eligibility to become official. Then, in many ways, I actually appear on the radar here in LA. Yet, I digress...

I was talking to this woman from the network group while finishing a run to the airport for work. I was fighting off a bug or exhaustion, I couldn't tell. In the last 3 days I worked close to 40hrs already. Thatstretch has covered 8 of my last 7 too. None the less I was relatively present on the phone.
She was a little curious about me. "Usually," she said, " we get referrals with files. With you we jusy received your name and number. Obviously you impresed someone though." We talked for a bit. She mostly wanted to get a feel for what I was doing as they seemed cautious to only take on people that are actually working hard to work.

It was disappointing at times to not know all the Casting Directors and shops by name while talking. On the other hand, being honest I was glad to feel some of my choices had been smart ones. I am interested in getting the feet wet again with some classes. Mr. Mowery's return to CO for an intensive is inspirational as well. Let's see what happens here.


By the by, I am at 13 days without smoking. The pictures are from my 2 day shoot in Angeles National Park. Who knew there was a place like this only 2hrs from LA? Hell it even got to 7000' elevation!

1 comment:

Nate said...

Whoa, how'd that 7000' elevation treat your new lungs? :) Glad to hear the wheels are turning about acting and classes, sometimes that's a great way to break out of a rut or meet new people who might be connections. Keep us posted!