Monday, May 14, 2007

Like a non-smoking Energizer bunny...

At some point soon, I will have more to say than just my quitting updates. Since this ain't that time let me just say days 8 and 9 are in the bag! I hope so at least, the fog is still pretty constant. I wanted to report though on a new technique that is paying off. Oddly I feel like offering my approach to anyone interested, since I can still thank my Mom for giving me enough structure to get a decent start. I am a creature of escape and "bending rules." If I don't mix it up a little bit, I'll figure out how to beat the system. As of late I am trying to reinvent some areas of my life to match this new outlook.
I have taken to wearing my fun hats more often, if nothing more than just trying a different outlook myself. The club-cowboy hat was used while driving the truck on my last job and I wore my Blues Bros. Fidora to IO on Sat night. There is a savings account now just for my smoking money. If things go well, I am hoping to cash in and go to Ireland next year for my birthday. Gotts dream right? I am also diving head-long into Jazz and Blues. I have always had the inclination to learn more, but right now I need the extra chill. My regular music at my stress times would probably motivate me to really act stupid. Just because this is tough for me gives me not right to make it tough on anyone else. No one made me start smoking. Eh... enough philosophy. I am hoping to get out and do some travel soon. Denver. Chicago. Who knows. It will be wild to not sweat going through security and not have a chance to smoke for hours. By the by, I am now on the lookout for a good New York Hats Co. Bowler and Top for the collection! Heh.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Good call on mixing things up, and you sound right -- if your regular music is what I think it is, that's probably not going to help. :)

Nice hats, by the way!

Laurel said...

I think the savings account for your smoking money is a great idea. If you can get a trip to Ireland out of the money you would have used to buy cigarettes, I'd say you've won twice!