Monday, May 21, 2007

Take that!


I did it! I made it through my first trip back to 7-11! I did not know how I was going to get in and out without saying the magic word, "pack--a-camel-lights-please." I did though! HA HA HA!!!! Take that MONKEY!! HA! Hmmm.... I do realize this is perhaps what the NFL would deem "excess cellebration," but hell it felt good.



I am starting to become concerned that not smoking may leave me a shade ADD also. I have always been just a little bit higher strung than most( too much energy and slight insomnia). Over the last week or so I have been flippin' hyper all the friggin' time. That is when I was not sick as a dog. I was either going through the de-gunking or just had a cold. Either way, I acredit the quitting as I have not had a cold in 4yrs. None the less, my lack of focus has shifted. I am a bit more spazzy, for lack of a better term. It's fun and all, but damn it's unnerving. I feel like I am on non-stop speed. I even finally got a web-site up (http://web.mac.com/troycoleman/iWeb/TroyColeman/home.html). All in all this is far better than before when I used to wake up in the middle of the night and go out for a smoke. A smoke-break from sleeping? Seriously! Where was that sexy ad when I was signing up? Eh... that's it for now. Rockin out at 17 days now, the betting pool has got to be interesting! Heh!

Keep up the fight Ma!

2 comments:

Nate said...

Sorry about the de-gunking and the cold, hope that will pass... Probably that and the ADD (and some more mysteries to come) are just a result of your body learning to live without nicotine again? We'll see. 17 freaking days!!!

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for all of this! Tonight, I came home to find him making a huge dinner. AND there was dessert in the fridge. I was also ambushed and flung around behind our nonsmoker's back...you know...like a swing dance move or something.