Tuesday, May 29, 2007

5280' Happy


I am happily reporting today from Colorado. I made it out for Danielle and Gabe's wedding, thank you Frontier frequent flyer miles. It is beyond good being back home. A few critical items and people are obviously missing from this trip, but damn it is good. I was thrilled to get to see Danielle and Gabe get married.
I don't often get to say this sadly after weddings, but they looked truly happy. I loved getting to see Scott, Tanya, and Cory too. This living across the country from each other is much more tollerable when we get together every 3 months.

In other notes, my niece Sydney (aka Baby Vicious) is just getting cute as hell. Here one for the obvious nature of this blog, babies grow quickly! She is adorable! I truly love holding her and trying to make her laugh! Even with a 6 month old, I have to try to get a laugh.

I also have to report that so far I am still a happy nonsmoker. That is mostly notable in that this is the place I learned, perfected, and nurtured my smoking for years. There was still an ashtray in my room with the last butt I smoked before leaving in February. It helps that Mom is still couragiously plotting forward with her own nonsmoking. I do have to amuse you with the silliness of the mind games.

On my bullitin board, still preserved from my high school days, I have a couple special packs of smokes tacked up. A special edition (empty) pack of Camel Lights with a Texas background and a pack of "Black Deaths." I believe they were released in response to Dennis Leary's No Cure For Cancer. They were terrible and Inever even finished the pack, so I found out. When curiosity prompted, I checked and found 4 unsmoked nails. I was tempted briefly. Let me spell this on out though, those cig's are over 10 years old and they weren't good back then. Essentially, I would have a better smoke from lighting carpet fibers. Ah silly addiction.

Man, I can honestly say for the first time ever Colorado smells good. I miss it dearly. Where I want to go is so in the air. Tiff and I discuss it often. I know when I got to Chicago the idea I wouldn't be there long got me through. That obviously changed. The Windy now shares the name "home" to me. Los Angeles is not like that. It's interesting, exciting,and different. It is not, nor will not be home. It is like a Bonzaii tray. My roots can never really stretch in such a shallow tray. There are 4 towns I am constantly thinking of. This one, Minneapolis, Chicago, and of course New York. Where to go and when to do it... I am waiting to see. For now I am trying to enjoy where my feet are. Today they are in Denver.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Nice update, the wedding sounds like a really good time -- but seriously, what are you and Scotty doing with your jackets?? Hmm.

I hear you about "home" and LA not feeling that way yet. It takes time and a certain number of magic intangible elements for a place to feel like home, and it sounds like a few too many are still missing in LA... Time will tell!

Anonymous said...

Wave to the mountains for me.
:(