Friday, May 11, 2007

Dead and Alive

I drove truck today and am utterly baffled how a near disaster towards the end did not cause me to smoke. I am now 6 days strong and am grateful and suprised. I just kept thinking "this fucking job is not going to be what gets me smoking, not THIS fucking job." None the less, the fact that the words," buddy, could you spare a square?" did not come out at all today still floors me. As for "DEAD," well it marks the anniversary of my execution in last years assasins fund raiser. I stumbled on the obit. by accident and thought it would be funny to post. By "relieved" though, I feel the urge to clarify it was annoyed to have been shot in the ear with a squirt gun by a man in a teal jacket.

DEAD: Troy Coleman

Under a gunmetal grey sky at the corner of Belle Plaine and Broadway, Mr. Coleman was robbed of his life at 10:15 a.m. on Wednesday, May 10, 2006. Visibly relieved to be free from the trials and tribulations of existence, Mr. Coleman gave in to the urge to follow the light. Expressions of approval emanated from a nearby crowd: “Hey are you playing that assassins game? I want to start up one of those.” It’s not a game young man, it’s a lifestyle.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Ha, funny. I totally want to play that game, or join the lifestyle... Someday. :)

Yeah, good attitude about the job - not gonna be this that makes you change your mind. Hell yeah.

Laurel said...

I remember that day.. I also remember the days leading up to it, the super soaker kept handy in case of emergencies, the sight of Troy sneaking up the back stairs.. fun times!!