Friday, May 4, 2007

Fuck the Monkey!


Today I launch another sincere go at quiting smoking. I am armed to the hilt this time (as you can see), thanks to the coolest care package Mom has ever sent. She utilized this process and has been quit for close to 2 weeks. I swear, I thought that was never going to happen. Now it's my turn to man-up. I want to be done with these things. Here goes! I seriously can not wait to be able to smell the rain again! It just feels like the right time and I am tired of thinking about it honestly. I enjoyed my smoking for years. Hell, I made that shit look good too. I jusyt hate that urgency and feeling need that I am now way too powerfully aware of. Plus, the anti-smoking measures are working. I notice more and more I am the only one lighting up. I friggin' hate the idea I am the smelly guy, reeking of an ashtray. I just took my first round of craving-killers. Nice to know they taste good. I am going to follow this up with a trip to the gym. Keep fingers crossed, 6hrs is my hump for now.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Hell yeah, dude. This is the one. Seriously, any time you need to chat, call me. Any time you need a smoke but don't want to - call me. All my friends quitting smoking is my fondest dream -- may it start with you! :)