Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blizzard Run



So all the alerts said it may be blizzard conditions. I was resigned to the grim idea of doing my 14 mile run on our treadmill. When I woke up and looked outside, there was indeed a lot of snow, but it seemed to be gently falling. The temperature wasn't too bad either. I decided to go for it. It was a new route that mirrored some of the marathon course. The downside was that it was a mostly off roads. Turns out, it was colder than I thought and the wind caught up a little bit out the gate. As an additional perk, I had epic gear fail. The worst part was my head gear and gloves completely froze. We are talking near solid. Even with all these obstacles I am so glad I went out there and did it. Sure I spent a couple breaks in a port-a-potty outside Sports Authority Field and an REI just to warm up, but that's ok. By the end, the euphoria of just getting out there was in full effect.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Dedication is dedication my Captain!