Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day Off

I had a friend back in college that was balancing quite a few jobs to get through a tougher time. After several weeks of straight work he finally had a day off from all his jobs. He woke up at 1:30am and ground some coffee. By the by we were roommates at the time. When I an our other roommate inquired what the hell he was doing, he said he was going to get the most out of this day off and didn't want to sleep through any of it. That response has always made me smile and oddly I've thought about that often since. Today I decided to follow in my friend's distant foot steps and hopped in my running shoes right away this morning. I've got a full dance card for my day off but am pretty excited to pack in as much as I can. It's no 1:30am start, but I'm happy with it.

No comments: