Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Felt Good

As I have confessed here before, I am a bit of a social runner. It was an absolutely gorgeous day when I got home from work today and I was all too eager to get out and do my 4 mile run. It was an easy day according to my training plan so I  was determined to ease back having learned a valuable lesson from my long run on Sunday. I decided to give the runner nod to each and every passing runner in the park. I realized it would almost never be returned, but that wasn't why I wanted to do it. I did it to remind myself to take it easy and just to be friendly. It felt good every time too. I also had an unusual response after each nod. It was that I liked being me at those moments. Now I am not usually burdened with an inflated ego most of the time, quite the contest even. However, there are moments when it feels good to admit that. So I humbly ask you my 3 readers to forgive me if it sounded arrogant, but in those instances of undemanding friendliness, it felt good to be me.

No comments: