Sunday, February 10, 2013

Grammy's

Sitting here with Tiff watching the Grammy's. I am struck by a couple things here. The value of spectacle can not truly be priced. That is not to say it must be extravagant, but to go big is impressive when you can see it. The show itself and several of its artists have certainly gone big. I love it, even if the music isn't always t  my liking. However, I must say there have been so many artists and reminders of artists I love, I am smitten with the power of music to transform a mood. From unexpected country delights to some well know and loved pieces, I am  so enjoying the sound. There is so much good music out there, it staggers the mind. I am new to the jazz scene and can't begin to grasp how many great artists and groups there are in this category I hadn't noticed before. Hell, even in my favorite style of punk, I am routinely finding tunes I hadn't heard before. I love it. From Bad Religion to Miles Davis to Aretha Franklin to Skrillex, music is amazing and good.

No comments: