Sunday, March 17, 2013

Go Further

Sunday is my long run day in my training and this time around I am staying a bit more consistent with my days. Today I had my second 16mi run. Each long run is now either 2mi longer than the week before or a repeat of the last week's distance. I am ever impressed at the wisdom in marathon training I have priced my program together from. What I love about the marathon is the mind boggling distance and time it takes. What I love about the training is that no matter how often I have done it, I am every time surprised as the ability is rediscovered. Every week I am going out on what feels like the longest I can comfortably go and every two weeks that gets longer. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. There are not many areas of my life today that continue to push boundaries right now and I am ever grateful that once a week I get to see I can go that much further.

No comments: