Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Religion

There is a new pope. That is about all I truly know about the subject to be honest. I have, like so many, also learned the difference on Vatican smoke signals. What fascinates me is the insight into the religious traditions and rituals that are for the most part a mystery to me. I have a faith and my own particular routines that I follow. When I become aware of a different one than mine, I now find an interest I honestly have not had for very long. So often religion seems a point to argue and find differences as points toward inadequacies. People seem to pit one against another again and again. The affairs of the world and their religions does not concern me much any more. What I find beautiful and interesting is where faiths agree. It has been said men of faith are not weak. I do agree with that. In our cynical age where tearing down an opinion seems more prevalent than standing for one, I admire when people are proud of their faith. I don't believe one faith should ever be forced on another, but I appreciate deeply that the country I live in permits anyone to believe as they wish so long as they harm no one in doing so. 

No comments: