Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hello Old Route!

Today I set out for my 14 mile long run from a different point of origin. On my current house sitting gig for my folks, I set out from their place. While I stayed here a few weeks after moving back from Chicago till our apartment was ready, I got to explore some of the many trails around them. There are truly some beautiful spots just near by I never knew when I was a full time resident with my parents. It was also embarassing to realize how easily I could have gotten to high school by way of these trails if I had been so inclined. Sadly, I was years away from that inclination. None the less, it felt nostalgic and good being out on them today. Even "Hell Hill" between miles 8 and 12 wasn't too bad today. I love that running routes have become like favorite stories I enjoy revisiting!

No comments: