Friday, March 15, 2013

Good Friends

I had the wonderful opportunity to do some work today with one of my oldest friends, Scotty, today. It has been a while since we go to catch up face to face. What amazes me about friendships like this one is that time does not pass the same way it does with regular friendships. While it may have been weeks since we saw each other, some conversations picked up exactly where they left off. At other times, entire conversations were not even needed to get back up to speed. I truly value having a few friends like this out there. I have long prided myself on being a good corespondent. I used to be the guy that reminded everyone when our friend's birthday's were coming up. Over the last year or so, I have found I am more inclined to put my efforts where they are reciprocated. Consequently, there are some friends I have not spoken to in months now. For those that I do, I am ever so grateful. Those are really my friends and the number is far lower than my Facebook account reports and far more valuable. 

No comments: