Saturday, March 9, 2013

Snow Training Run (again)

It's snowing with a blizzard warning in effect. Looking outside it din't look too bad just yet and I did only need an easy run today. I laced up my abused Asics and headed out. There was very little snow on the the sidewalks of my out and back 4mi. route, but there was considerable slush and some tricky hidden puddles. None the less it was beautiful being out there in the heavy snow fall. The world was quiet and the run was indeed easy. I have only trained for a spring marathon twice before, but don't remember having this many runs affected by heavy snow fall. I am also trying to run harder in training with more runs and shorter distances. I have no idea how this will ultimately impact my time on the Colfax Marathon, but one thing I know for certain is I will not wonder if I could have done more. When I hit the wall last May, that thought haunted me and lingered for several months. While I don't subscribe to the "everyone wins" philosophy that damn near ruined my generation, I do believe that results are definitively tempered by preparation. If I work my ass off in preparation, even if I miss my goal I will know I gave all I had. 

No comments: