Saturday, February 17, 2007

What I heard...


Life. It throws me sometimes. I don't feel like going into details, but it would seem as of late I have had cause to re-examine lots and lots of my fife. Regardless of the immediate choices before me, I am sitting in that awsome place of taking it all in. I am an actor in LA, trying to make a life that is artistic and spiritually fulfilling. Ok, so that is bold in its sound, but actually it's not that lofty. For me having a cup of coffee in a good cafe on a rainy day is the equivillant of a religious awakening coupled with a date with a muse. It's always been this way for me. To quote a film of the Gen X blockbusters, "I take pleasure in the simple things." For me that feels right.

And yet, there is more now. I have begun taking steps toward things I have wanted for a long time. A friend of a friend put it aptly when he described being tired of "good enough" and decided to seek the very best, that he finally felt worthy of it. That is also me now. Having been a worker since I was 14 (retiring from 4yrs of entepeneurship) and rarely had more than a dime to my name. As of late, I have had the means to do more. Naturally I have gone too far, repeatedly. But it's better consistantly. That's also good.

As for my life and choices, I don't know. I am told that the best I can do is have what I am saying, what I am thinking, and what I am doing be one. While I don't know much more having sadi all this, I do feel more keenly aware of the number of quotes that seem to cross my mind.


Retrogression be damned! :)

No comments: