Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oregon...

I decided to head up here to Oregon to audition for their Shakespeare Festival. My director from Marriage of Heaven and Hell started working up here and suggested it. To be honest, at the time it sounded as easy as friends out of the business saying, "you should get one of those shows on TV." Sure. No problem. I sent an e-mail.


Lo and behold they invited me to audition. They only hold open auditions twice and they are by invite only. Here's the other kicker: They are only here in Ashland, OR. I you are like I was then let me tell ya where Ashland is. It's in the Southwest corner of the state, about 15 miles North of the CA border. It's fairly hilly and very woody around here. I like it.

I booked the trip a little late, thanks to the disappearing feature film job. None the less I got everything booked and took off Fri about 3pm. I was a little startled to walk through the doorway in San Francisco to board my plane for Medford and decend stairs to the tarmack. Yes, I had to take the plane you see to your left. A Rockstar coffin. It was actually pretty cool. Imagine getting in an RV and then it goes airborn. Unless you are a world famous musician or a Kennedy, I recomend trying a puddle-hopper sometime. It was super fun.

It is really nice being up here. My last experience in OR was years back with a huge group from CSU. If this tells you anything as to time, some of us were excited about moving to London soon on that trip. Heh. Ashland is really nice, but I am certain it is infinitely better for those who are tired of the smog and congestion of a major city. I have walked all over town several times over now. My audition went great. I am always thrilled to just give everything I've got and be able to walk away content. For me, it's a 2 minute show. I love it. The reaction seemed good as well. But lets face it, even the guy selling you a lottery ticket can smile.

Whatever the outcome, this has been a much needed repreive from the hussle of CA. I am glad to get some fresh air and see genuine trees. Hell, there's even some snow peeking out at the top of a nearby mountain.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Hell yeah, nothing like feeling good about an audition... And sweet that you got a little jaunt up North in the bargain! Let us know how it goes...