Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Glazed

It has been truly enjoyable being back in Chicago for winter this year! I don't remember it being like this before actually. There has been this series of storms that deliver rain, then snow, then rain. There is ice on everything! The cars up and down the street look like finished products from a Krispy Kreme line. It is great! I find my 2 bags worth of clothes a little lacking at times though. Plus the little things you forget each year when it warms up, like ware and tare on coat is a little worse when it has been a over a year since you last encountered it. I rarely wore a jacket at all in LA, ergo I forgot the zipper has broken. I think I can MacGuiver it, but I totally forgot about it. Living and thriving in the cold is an art (just check out DuoTeam's last entry), but thriving in the heat is a natural trait for some.

I am eager to perform again soon! I went on a simple look-see today and even that was nice to do. All word from LA I have heard is that it is not good right now. I would be lying to say the Writer's Strike isn't making me a little happy to have this alibi for being away. At the same time, it seems that life is a little better with some upheaval. That is where I live right now. I am adjusting to not having all my stuff. I am getting used to not having my car right now. I go see a show every week, trek through snow to new gyms, and try not to let myself get too cynical.

I am trying to play a lot too. Isn't that what to do when you are playing hooky?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dunno if you dug on Tub Ring or not, but Chicago is their home town and they're playing The Kitchen (?) on NYE. They put on an outstanding live show if you don't have other plans.
Miss you! Hope to see you at xmas. It might be a little tight, time wise.