Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Stream of Conscience

It's a gray day outside, of which I am still far from being tired of. We are preparing to go down to Millennium Park to try ice skating. I have not tried this since I was in college. I don't remember being as concerned about breaking an arm or foot that time. In fact, I think I was just concerned with looking cool, which I did not. I am pondering my next moves like my life is a game of chess. Denver for the Spring? Go back to LA and wait to see what happens. Go to New York and fulfill a long standing desire to try it. After all, LA did not break me. It made me a shade stronger in fact. I would love to do a show soon. I miss that. I have had the benefit of seeing a couple shows out here thus far and it renewed the bug. I also got to watch a couple former Defiant Theatre founders perform and it made me miss that company a lot. Very few other groups are willing to try the sort of spectacles they did. There was such an irrelevance to their approach that it was super fun to be a part of it. The lewd joke with serious thought beneath it. At least sometimes. I admire the groups out here that have something to say and work so well together to say it. In LA, I saw some good groups, but they never seemed to rise above the individuals involved. At any time your lead could have to drop because he/she had a McDonalds commercial to shoot in the dessert. Just some thoughts crossing my mind this afternoon....

Happy birthday Silbor!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaps of faith are never met without a "NET" appearing. Search your heart and listen to what you hear there! Baby steps still must be taken for you to get THERE! love ya