Sunday, December 2, 2007

Shooting From the Hip

It has been an awesome month or so. I have been enjoying thoroughly being back in Chicago, despite not actually doing much as far as acting goes. It is nice to be back home, sorta. I have finally summarized my current status as shooting from the hip. I am making plans as I go. With the Writer's strike in full effect, there is little back in LA for me right now. I could go back a PA some, but truth be told I hate doing that. It has taken a year and a half of being a PA to realize a simple truth. being good at something does not necessarily mean I need to keep doing it. If I get a call from my usual crew, I will get out there. Till then I am content to work a simple 7hr day, make some money and continue to try and see where my next step shall be. Currently, there is a loose idea that involves a little more time here in Chicago and in Denver, then taking on New York. That is a loose idea at best though.

This is a season of looking outside ourselves. It has also become clear to me that while it is easily tempting to spend great mental effort on those next steps, it takes me out of the moment. Ironically I understand less about what I should do when that is all I am thinking about.

Lastly, there were a few ideas volleyed about on consumer suggestions for the holiday season. Tiffany hatched the idea of soliciting talented friends to make gifts. Pretty cool idea! I also wanted to postscript the corporate monster post by amending Apple's listing. I was surprised at the Genius Bar when he asked if I had a little time, they could fix it within an hour. They replaced the whole top panel and called me when it was done. Not bad Apple, thank you!

Happy holidays all!

No comments: