Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Actual Christmas Time

So, correct me if this sounds off to you, but does it seem odd to anyone else that the season of premature Christmas is over? It's officially December now and completely normal to hear nonstop holiday music in every store. I find myself still chuckling a little when I hear it thinking how early before I remember. It did not bother me so much this year to be treated to Jingle Bells before the Halloween decorations were even down. While the jaded side of me thought, "fuck, they want our money earlier than ever before;" there was a happier part of me that felt we all just needed Christmas a little earlier this year than we have before.

It's been a tough year as we are all aware. I have gone on at length over the last several post about it. On the lighter side though, we have finally arrived in the potentially magical part of the year when giving and goodwill are touted and more often acknowledged. I for one though am glad it's here. My family is working on homemade gifts this year and I fully participated in Buy Nothing Day. I am attempting to do what shopping I will do in local shops. Conscientious shopping is how I attempt to do my part in these tough times. Feels good to use my almighty dollars for that.

No comments: