Sunday, December 13, 2009

Out in the Cold


This morning was the Rudolph Ramble 8K. It's the second year I have run it and am thoroughly enjoying the familiarity with some of these runs coming up again. Last year's Ramble was ridiculously cold and wet. The original course was buries under 6 inches of wet ice. Today was ideal, considering. It was cold and a little damp, but no rain or freezing wind. I biked down again and was delighted to have Tiff bring Estes down to cheer. That was one muddy puppy when all was said and done.

I also hopped back on the bike yesterday to commute to work after a short hiatus from sub-zero wind chills. It felt great to be back to riding two wheels for my commute. Not only was it faster, I felt much better once at work and again getting home later. I still am hoping to eliminate the pre and post ride smoke, but for now it is still a part of things.

What I am finding amusing is that as the temperatures drop and the weather gets inhospitable, how much more I find myself out in it. Whether it be running or biking, I am having a ball in the PG winter weather thus far. I am not attempting to brag, but just express how facing the elements is providing an added boost.

PS
My Ramble results:
12 71 TROY COLEMAN 34 CHICAGO IL 36:05.6
(Place O'All Name Age Town St Time)

No comments: