Sunday, March 20, 2011

Waiting or Doing?

Over the last year or so I have seen quite a few changes happening in my life. From marriage to residence, everything seems a little different. Some areas, like acting, have taken a back seat for the moment. I am trying not to read too much into this, as there is only so much that can be done at once. It begs the question to me though, what is waiting and what is ready to be done? As far as acting goes, I used to fear time between shows, that I would never again get to enjoy the fantastic sensation of being on stage. As time moved on, I gravitated towards a quality, rather than quantity perspective. that meant taking more time between shows when fun work wasn't available. I have no fear right now I will continue acting, it's in my heart. The remembering that fact is the hard part sometimes. There is still the nagging feeling if I want to do something and it's not happening now, it never will. Fear is a fucker sometimes like that, but the reality is it's not real.

No comments: