Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Less to Say

I recently decided, and without fanfare to pair down on the Captain Stupie posts. I thought about mentioning it, but a wise man once told me it is lunacy to talk to someone about not talking to them. That is not to say I am not talking to you, my dedicated few, but I felt in a year of daily posts, I had surpassed the golden zone of deeper thoughts and was pumping out very little in the way of worthy ideas.

I was no longer a defender of the obvious, but a slave to a self induced daily writing regiment.

That said, I did not have any intention of walking away completely. I want to continue to write often. My challenge is to continue to look for engaging ideas to blather on about. Should that become daily or monthly will depend, but I want to actually say something here. I have good friends out there that continue to look for the ways to impact the world around them. While Stupie is no such platform (I am disillusioned but not crazy), I do want to pose thoughtful posts.

There is an Art of… out there still in need of discussion.

In any case I wanted to reaffirm, if only to myself, my hiatus was purposeful and not permanent. I do struggle with always and never and to step back is its own adventure. 

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Love you Captain!