Friday, April 20, 2012

Playing Nice

It has been good to get a short respite in, to be sure. It allowed for a break in the self imposed routine of daily publishing. While a nobel intent, as was previously mentioned, it felt as I was falling short of my aim.

So what shall I begin anew with?

Today, it seemed that basic people interactions have been raising the red flag often. I have heard that if you encounter more than three assholes in any given day, you are probably one of them. What other folks do is of less consequence to me than my reactions to them. Happiness is certainly not an outside job. When encountering a rude driver or someone at work that is less than polite, I have a choice. As Rollins said once, "when someone tries to have you a pile of shit, you do not have to take it."

Today, I am trying to let those without regard just pass by. It makes no sense to let them get to me. I chose happy today over the need to just be right.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

It's the journey..............