Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ah, the Windy Windy


To all my friends in Chicago, surviving the arctic conditions, please stay warm. I was catching up on the news of the tremendous storm and the unusual disaster of Lake Shore Drive becoming a literal parking lot as it hit. The spirit of the city seemed to resound as I was reading about residents braving their way to the frozen cars to deliver food and water from close by homes. That was the Chicago I grew to love and appreciate. The additional reports on the emergency crews working hard also reminded me of how well the city comes together. Then I got to "official comments" from city officials like, "To those who were “very inconvenienced,” Raymond Orozco, chief of staff to Mayor Richard M. Daley, issued an apology, but would not single out anything in particular that the city might have done differently." It reminds me again of the most tiresome aspect of Chicago... its leaders. I wonder if Daily actually just sold off the snow removal equipment along with the Chicago Skyway or the parking meters and just didn't tell anyone about it.

No comments: