Sunday, February 6, 2011

Airports

As is tradition, I am sitting here at Denver International Airport with Stupie on the mind. It's a quick trip to help a friend. If ever there was a place more in need of the purpose of this blog (something about obvious), the airport is it. It was my first time to get full body scanned and second time to have my coffee cup wisked away for further scanning. I don't fault the gung-ho TSA Agents for enforcing the rules but man are they getting crazy. The world thinks our airline security measures are a joke. Aside from reaction policies like taking off shoes after one idiot tried igniting his, I have never heard how these measures could have prevented previous terrorist attacks. The illusion of safety is important I realize, but so is some common sense. As it turned out the courage of good people to do the right thing was our best allie when bad guys did what bad guys do. I wonder often if the real bad guys would even be troubled by our airport security? I only hope the good guys aren't.

2 comments:

mommasitta said...

We are slowly moving toward NO CLOTHING AT ALL travel. Soon, or really on any given day and time, getting to the plane takes longer than some of the flights! AND don't get started with carry-ons.............

The Whitman Family said...

Not only that, but every time I fly out of another country I realize just how crazy our security is here. There is nothing of the sort and people seem to be surviving pretty well!