Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Good Meets Training Plan

This is the final week till the marathon and in the taper period the focus is on eating and sleeping well. That has been a goal for the year (The Year of Good) so it is not as much of a leap. It has traditionally been an area of difficulty though for me. While I have been able to adapt somewhat easily to pushing myself out the door to log endless miles, I still struggle with hitting the pillow early. There is no amount of will power that can make me fall asleep with, I have tried everything. What I am finding though is that since I have been aiming to improve these areas over the last 5 months, it is coming easier. I want to go to bed earlier and want to eat better. That has helped tremendously. I do think Sunday is going to be a good run and am hoping for a new PR (personal record) on my marathon time. I am still vehemently holding onto my first two rules though which are to have fun and finish.

No comments: