Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Uh oh.

It's just 5 days till the Colfax Marathon and there is disturbing trend happening here in Denver. It's getting warmer. That is great for summer plans or catching a ballgame, but running distance? Not so much. It hasn't gotten "hot" yet, but it is getting increasingly warm and I am modestly concerned for the latter portion of the race. That is where I am hoping to try out my new and improved training plan and really glide. If it's warm, that might be tougher. It's so strange that while training for this marathon, I brazed 2 long runs that were blizzard conditions (one of which I had to seek warmth in an REI for 20 min). I know what will be will be and even if it is "hot" come mile 24 and on, I will be fine. It's going to be a great day, no matter what.

No comments: