Friday, May 24, 2013

To the Bike

My ride at Coors Field on a day when temperature never got above 20 degrees.
As the weather is remaining comfortable, I am delighting in easier rides around my neighborhood. Without secured parking and dealing with the ridiculous amount of traffic in the area, riding my bike is faster than taking my vehicle out. I can get to most of my needs in under 20 minutes and never have to try and find parking. I am glad to get the chance to enjoy this option as it became one of my favorite aspects of life in Chicago. I am also experiencing another familiar feeling as the streets are getting more crowded with bikes, that of slight indignation. I know it's screwy, but having risen most of the winter, you gain a degree of entitlement over other bikes, especially those spandex and logo clad folks. It is screwy though and ultimately I know the more bikes that are out there the better and safer my community is.

No comments: