Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What I Should Have Said

I had an interaction yesterday that has just stuck with me. Right or wrong, I can not seem to let this discussion go. It's frustrating to me to keep replaying it over and over again, although I know it is very normal to do so. The whole fantasy of having a conversation where you said this or that seems fairly common. What irks me is when it was an unpleasant one and I continue to stay in the discomfort, reliving it. To paraphrase a friend, healthy is not having conversations with people that aren't there. While that seems a no brainer when considering going all Harvey, when I apply it to my mind I am challenged at times. Especially right now. Rarely can I just change for the sake of change without knowing why. This seems simple enough though. I need to stop replaying that conversation to feel better. Simple, not easy.

No comments: