Thursday, May 23, 2013

Perspectives Today

I'm excited to get out and stretch the legs a little this morning. After 3 days of rest, the feel ready for a little exercise. I am planning a short run and might even slip on the Vibram 5 Finger to keep my pace managed. I'm also looking forward to getting out and running a few errands today. One of the ways fear seems to manifest itself for me is an urge to shop. I get this compulsion I need stuff to tackle a situation, like running a marathon or starting a new job. It feels convincing till I give it some thought. That's when the fear of the unknown gets exposed and I can remind myself of the guiding principle I have adopted of "want less, do more." That being said, I was able to fairly assess a couple gaps in my wardrobe that need filling prior to starting the new position. I also took time to purge a little further from my closet before hand.

I enjoy getting things done and am starting to see where I can apply this yen towards my new found time.

No comments: