Friday, September 6, 2013

Good Choices

I was out with my brother tonight and imparted my Year of Good idea to him. He was very impressed, yet skeptical as to how he might impart it with two kids at home. The element I was able to identify as being most helpful was knowing you are trying for good food, music, and sleep makes for easier decisions when you have one to make. For example, knowing I am actively seeking out good food I will take time to prepare something at home rather than just purring a bowl of cereal when I have the time to do so. It offers a guidance. Perfection is unreasonable and usually why most resolutions fail. With the Year of Good I have a reminder when a choice is available that I am seeking to get as much good food, good music, and good sleep as I can, when I can.

It helped me just to remember that.

No comments: