Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pre 20mi Thoughts

I have been on the campaign to raise money for Team PAWS now since the beginning of July. I am in the home stretch of fundraising and training. Today I set out for my second 20 mi. run with just one more 22mi. before I taper for the Denver Rock 'n' Roll. Then two weeks later I hit New York City for another 26.2 mi. run. The support, both financial and otherwise has been incredible! As a marathoner, I am much more familiar with long stretches of alone time and needing no team, per se, running is a very independent sport. To reach out all the time trying to engage my friends, family, and anyone else close enough to hear has been tough to adapt to. When I realized that it's not about me actually at all, the asking got easier. When I heard people tell me their tales of rescues, it got easier. I had donations from not only here in Denver and in my old hometown Chicago, but from both coasts, the republic of Texas and the more distant frontier of Alaska. To say the response has been humbling is an understatement. I am committed to trying to get a bit more, 4 for $20. As I have said before, your help and word of mouth has been the key to success so far. As I snap on the Camelbak to run these 20 miles, I'll continue to try and think of what more I can do. If you have a suggestion (or a huge corporation dripping with charitable dollars on speed dial), let me know.

I appreciate you!

No comments: