Monday, September 2, 2013

Heat Is No Longer Welcome

I had pushed my long run to today as yesterday was truly needed for recuperating from the Saturday wedding. Weather and to my chagrin, yesterday was cool and overcast. Today, not so much. When I came sweating into my folks driveway, my dad told me the thermometer out back was reading 96 degrees. It was 60 when I set out on the 18mi run. The heat factor once again kicked my ass and I drained my hydration belt for a second week in a row. I also know this is the point in training where exhaustion is taking its toll. Progress is slow and each run feels like it begins with the tinge of tired from the last one.

It truly is the point to grin and bear it.

That is part of the training though, pushing through this part. I am proud to put on my Team PAWS singlet and pound out the miles, knowing for the first time I am doing this for more than just my own edification. None the less, this is the hard before the easy. I also try and remind myself I did two long runs in blizzard conditions this last winter for my Spring marathon. Right now I don't have any gear freezing to my beard.

No comments: