Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quit Again

I know the best advice one can get about quitting smoking is just keep trying. Well, I have thrown my efforts into another go. As of this post I am now three whole days without a smoke. Tue was the long ago "quit date" I thought was coming sooner. I have the irritating patch on my back to remind me. Thus far, all is well. After go go go for a month in close proximity to sick folks at every turn, I am finally fighting a bug off now too. I say fighting as it has not truly taken hold (based on what I saw in my friends). However, that fight combined with the all too disgusting quitting side effects have had me wonky the last couple days. None the less, I am smoke free today. I also gave myself a little motivation to make it past my routine relapse point by signing up for the Chicago Marathon in October. I figure in 5-6 months, I truly will not want to make a 26.2 mile run any harder. Oh, and I am not shaving my head this time... not just yet at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! One day at a time! Awesome!