Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where the hell have I been?


I regret the tremendous silence as of late. I have been on the go. Mostly the three readers I have are well aware of my travels of late, but on the off chance you have been waiting for an update, allow me to clear up the last several weeks. Caldera work picked up over the last month or so. Starting before I left Chicago on Feb 7th, I was busy everyday producing renderings for events in Orlando, Phoenix, and Colorado. It was tremendously satisfying to have artwork to do while my waiting tables gig was drying up due to season and economy. Side note, $5 is not a tip unless your bill is in the neighborhood of $10. The person bringing your food is not doing it for satisfaction of serving you or the hourly wage divided among the government and runners.

Yet I digress. On the 7th, I boogied to Colorado and quickly thereafter hopped in a huge truck to convoy with Scott to Phoenix for the NBA All-Star game. See the above picture for a glimpse of part of that drive. Caldera was subcontracted to handle to players gala the night before the game. We put in some long hours n the road and in the convention center, but the result was great. I was particularly proud of the step and repeat banner that the VIP's had their photos taken in front of as that design nearly killed me and my computer.

We hustled back to Loveland and arrived at the hanger we were transforming into a black tie event the next weekend at the same time as the trucks returning from Orlando. All three trucks unloaded there and we commenced to working longer hours to achieve the stunning result on Sat. night. When all was said and done, we put in 85 hrs that week.

While striking that party, we carefully set aside the gear for another party the following weekend for Northern Colorado AIDS Foundation in Ft. Collins. At this point, most of our gear had not even made it all the way to the shop before being deployed for its next event. We also finally enjoyed our first day off that week. It was a blur.

The party in the Ft. was great and ended up utilizing 5 truck loads of furniture and gear. We struck that as soon as the party was over and around 3am, we were finished. When I signed out I logged 105 hrs for those two weeks. Needless to say I am sore and tired.

Now within this time, there has been inquiries into relocating to Colorado, planning a wedding, dealing with a home robbery in Chicago. I will go further into those aspects soon, but for now I have to wrap up and catch a flight back to Chicago. There is a girl there I am dieing to scoop up and hold.

Till next time.

2 comments:

aworkinprogress said...

Go scoop & hold. We'll be waiting for more update. Glad to have you back, BTW. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy swooping and holding!