Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Speachless

It's been a few days since the horrifying news broke of another senseless tragedy occurred. I have been thinking about saying something, but like so many, the words just felt useless. How does one defend the obvious when the obvious is more a wish something had never happened? My heart goes out to those that endured the tragedy and to those that loved the people less fortunate. My thoughts and prayers are also with all the first responders that will forever have the images they rushed into with them. They were our heroes when we needed them and they were there quickly, many with children of their own.

As the horror begins to subside to the painful process of understanding yet a new depth that man can inflict on the innocent, my only hope is that the next steps can be healing. I heard there is already a lawsuit filed and am not surprised, just sad. So many suffered and there is no monitory recuperation for it. I hope we can come together and forge a better community around us. We need each other.

This world seems to have an endless ability to throw challenges, difficulties, and trials at us. Only together do we seem to overcome. That's just how I see it.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

The human spirit will always continue to amaze me! When one(or many) are attacked, the one thing that rises is a mass of human's loving banding together to extend hands and hearts! Thank you Captain for the words from your heart..............