Friday, July 13, 2012

Hot Run

I made a decision after work today that I was going to get my run in. It was a premeditated choice based on an over riding desire to keep a sense of self in tho transition time at my new, old job. The trouble is, by the time I got home, the temp had spiked to 95 degrees. I could not reconsider and simply loaded a water bottle with ice, took a big draw off a Gatorade, and headed out. I like to tell myself (and my wife) that I am testing myself doing something hard like that, but it's probably far less worthy. Just stubbornness I fear.

It's funny though how many people truly gawk when you are out running in this heat out here. I started to think I was just looking good, but that was probably the lightheadedness taking over. No, either they were staring like that because they could not believe someone was running in that heat or the look on my face is what I fear it probably was.

No comments: