Thursday, July 5, 2012

Self Inquired

So the latest of the "did you notice" things I have developed an ear for as of late has been an annoying habit of speech. It is the setting one's self up for a response. For example: "Would I like for it to rain? Of course I would." The asking a question only to offer the answer is beyond annoying when it is caught on to. It is of the ranks of "you know?" or "my thing is." It is a verbal waste of time and I have not been able to stop feeling frustrated by it. It's as if the speaker is conducting their own press conference and playing both parts. Seriously, just say your opinion. Stop setting it up first. As the example above, "I would like it to rain." Quit with the wishy-washy set up, PLEASE!!!

ps
Nixon came up when I Googled "stupid speech" and I thought that was funny.

No comments: